Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome to Padre Noodle Cornflower

Here's my first post on this, the journal of my odyssey into Oracle Open World 2006, San Francisco. I'm planning on recording here something about all the sessions I attend while I'm there, so keep checking back!

I've posted my agenda up here (on the right, over there -->). First up is the Xtreme weekend course on Oracle data warehousing. In particular, I'll be interested in the new features of OWB 10gR2.
Sunday looks hard, as I will be having a break, followed by lunch, followed by two more breaks before I head out for dinner with the regional Oracle execs. Whoa!

On Monday night, its the OTN annual party. It incorporates a Linux / Oracle install fest and I've got a brand-spanking new laptop which I'm going to throw into the mix. There's a rumour on the internets that Oracle are about to announce their own Linux distro, so this would be the place to find out! Apparently there's drinks and 80s music too - yay!

Tuesday morning will see Tom Kyte telling us all about the things we thought we knew about Oracle but didn't. Post any questions you have here, and I'll see if I can ask them in the Q&A sessions or later on at one of the "meet the experts" sessions. I think a loudhailer would be useful.

On Wednesday night, Elton John is playing at Cow Palace. I don't have the right kind of ticket to let me go to that. Yesssss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home